parental allowance

Where can I apply for parental benefits?

Parental benefits can be claimed by mothers or fathers after the birth of the child if:
– You reside in Germany,
– You live in a household with the child,
– You care for the child mostly by yourself,
– You do not work more than 30 hours a week.
– The parental allowance is paid not longer than 14 months.

Where can I get an application:


Where do I hand in the application:

L – Bank
76113 Karlsruhe

Important for the application
– Residence permit
– Child’s birth certificate
– Proof of income for the last 12 months before the birth
of the child

You receive:
notice on the amount and the duration of parental allowance
(Keep all)